IT Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Trying to install SMP 7.6 on Windows 2012 R2, but how do I install Flash Player?!!??!!?

Posted Apr 22, 2015 12:28 PM

Dear All,

I am trying to install Flash Player 10 on Windows Standard Server 2012 R2 for the IRCs in the SMP 7.6 GA installation and I cannot install it!

The get.adobe.com website says that it is installed as a part of IE in Windows 8. Trying to download it from Microsoft as an update does not work, as it says that the x64 or x86 versions are not for my version of Windows.

When I was installing SMP 7.5 SP1, I did find that Flash Player will work if you install the Desktop Experience and so I installed that... ...except, when I rebooted and re-ran the SIM, it said that SIM 7.6 was not compatible with Desktop Experience.

How do I install Flash Player to fulfil the IRCs?

Kindest regards,

QuietLeni

• 2.  RE: Trying to install SMP 7.6 on Windows 2012 R2, but how do I install Flash Player?!!??!!?

Posted Apr 23, 2015 07:54 AM
    The Flash player is only used for one or two bits of the Initial Configuration videos AFAIK, yo can safely skip it.

• 3.  RE: Trying to install SMP 7.6 on Windows 2012 R2, but how do I install Flash Player?!!??!!?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2015 08:09 AM

And also is used in "Resource Manager" page, where to see a resource association diagramm.

• 4.  RE: Trying to install SMP 7.6 on Windows 2012 R2, but how do I install Flash Player?!!??!!?

Posted Apr 23, 2015 12:13 PM

Guys,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, it shows the videos and the Resource Manager, but is it only needed on the administrative endpoints for this? Will these pieces not work on the server?

Kindest regards,

QuietLeni

• 5.  RE: Trying to install SMP 7.6 on Windows 2012 R2, but how do I install Flash Player?!!??!!?

Posted Apr 23, 2015 12:30 PM

Dear Symantec,

My beef is that Symantec say that we need it in the IRCs and the documentation, but it is not possible to install Adobe Flash on Windows 2012 R?!?!?!!!

Is it REALLY needed or NOT? If not, then please remove the requirements from the correct documentation and IRCs, if it is needed, please provide effective documentation to allow this to be installed.

• 6.  RE: Trying to install SMP 7.6 on Windows 2012 R2, but how do I install Flash Player?!!??!!?

Posted Apr 24, 2015 11:46 AM
    If Flash is embedded in the version of IE on the server they should work.