Unable to attach previous Dedupe store on new install of BUE
Story so far:
I had a total loss of my BUE server. VM completley lost. I ran up a fresh one (Server 2012 R2, BUE 2014) and attempted to reattach my old Dedupe store. When processing, I get the following error message "Unable to Create the deduplication disk. An error occured while creating deduplication storage. See the following link for additional information: http://support.symantec.com/umi/v-287-40960-39685".
When I upgraded to BUE 2014 (clean install on new VM) from BUE 2012, I had the same problem. At the time I was able to write off the previous backups, and start afresh. However, when I lost my BUE box, I also lost 2 DB servers, and a file server as well as another 2 application servers that I would reall really like to get back.
Trouble Shooting so far;
- Ensured dedupe service account (svc_bue_dedup) has local admin, and log on as service rights.
- Ensured all BUE service accounts have local admin rights to server.
- Disabled UAC
- No AV installed on VM yet.
- Taken ownership of the entier drive holding the dedupe folder, granted said ownership to local admins group.
- Checked there is no other software installed on server (clompltley fresh VM with brand new install of bue)
- Copied the entire 700gb dedupe folder to a fresh disk and tried to attach from there. Same error message.
- Tried to create a new dedupe folder on a freshly formatted disk, same error.
- No postgres or other sql services
- Same domain as previous server
- All accounts are identical to before the crash. Service account names and passwords have not changed.
Last time I saw this issue, I had to formatt the target drive and reinstall BUE altogether. That is not an option at the moment. I will try a fresh install shortly, but any suggestions would be appreciated.