Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to boot to Windows Automation - 116

Posted Dec 14, 2015 01:06 PM

I have just finished installing Ghost Solution Suite 3.0 on a server here (Previously using 11.5) and the Symantec DAgent Service is successfully running on a test machine (Windows 7 Pro (x86) - Client installed using Remote Agent Installer) I tried creating an image using the right click 'Quick Disk Image' option, and the client machine restarts but does not boot into PXE. The NiC is the first option in the boot order on the client. I have read a couple different posts on the subject but nothing with an answer that solves my problem. Any possible fixes or troubleshooting steps to take?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Unable to boot to Windows Automation - 116
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 14, 2015 03:10 PM

Thinking I might've figured out the problem... We dont use DHCP so once it boots it would be unable to find an IP making it unable to connect to the Ghost Console Server? If that sounds correct, is there any way to give it a static IP or can I use a different preboot OS that has static IP availability? 

Thanks

• 3.  RE: Unable to boot to Windows Automation - 116

Posted Dec 14, 2015 05:29 PM

Tried my testing on another machine in a diffreent subnet that had DHCP enabled and it worked. Thanks Me, you're awesome.

• 4.  RE: Unable to boot to Windows Automation - 116

Posted Dec 29, 2015 05:21 AM

This was very helpful, thank you. 

Network problems really confusing me.

No idea why this all of a sudden started happening. 

Appreciate your help!

• 5.  RE: Unable to boot to Windows Automation - 116

Posted Jan 06, 2016 04:40 PM

No worries, glad I was able to help someone instead of just stealing the help of others. :)

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Unable to boot to Windows Automation - 116

Posted Jan 07, 2016 02:45 PM

Take a look at the how to use automation folders in HF3-4 for your network segment that doesn't have access to the dhcp server.  

http://www.symantec.com/docs/INFO3058