unable to browse for Backup Selections on Windows Remote Netbackup Administration Console
Created: 19 Oct 2012 | 17 comments
- Master Server: windows 2008 R2, Netbackup 220.127.116.11
- Media Server: 5200 appliance, appliance level 2.5 (which I think corresponds to NBU 18.104.22.168)
- Remote Administrator Console: my desktop, windows 7.. NBU 22.214.171.124 also
- in policies, in the "Backup Selection" tab
- hit "New"
- hit little folder that browses file systems of client
- TIMES OUT.. cannot connect to any client
- This works on the Master Serv
- firewall: have all the right ports open to master & media, everything else works, and per another post, the one i need for this browsing is 13782. double checked, and that is in the "open" range.
- In the Host Properties - Master Servers, my PC is in the "Additional Servers" tab. And like I said, everything else works, can create policies, run stuff, connect to clients, everything but browse backup selections.
Thoughts (yes, thinking on a Friday )
- maybe the firewall problem is between my PC and the CLIENT I want to browse? The master server is on the same subnet, so that wouldn't be an issue.
- Guess I could install and try the Java console too.
- Prolly should contact support
THANKS for any pointers.