Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Unable to browse remote Windows computer (BE 2010 R3)

Created: 24 Jan 2014 • Updated: 24 Jan 2014 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

BE 2010 R3 server running on Windows 2003 Server and BE RAWS running on Windows 2003 Server.

Push installation detects RAWS on remote computer correctly. When trying to configure new backup job, "A remote Windows compter" is greyed out. "Custom selections" option shows no resources. 

Backup jobs (for mentioned client) already configured on BE server are running properly but there is no possibility to restore data (restore session is unable to attach resources).

Any help appreciated...

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

lmosla's picture

Check to make sure your that your services are running as the following:

•Backup Exec Agent Browser server: start up type - Automatic and logon as Domain\Username
•Backup Exec Job Engine Service: start up type - Automatic and logon as Domain\Username
•Backup Exec Server Service: start up type - Automatic and logon as Domain\Username
•Backup Exec Device and Media service: start up type - Automatic and logon as Domain\Username
•Backup Exec Remote Agent servicestart up type - Automatic and logon as local system account
•SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) - Automatic startup and log on as Local System account

verify the account's password is correct

network - logon account and make sure your account has the domain in front of it. eg domain name\bkupexec

SOLUTION
skalee's picture

Thanks for swift response.

Based on your suggestions, I have found that:

- on client, Backup Exec Remote Agent service was configured to run under account typed in username@domain_name format - I have changed to domain_name\username,

- default logon account was set to different that one used to run BE services.

Only when I changed default logon account, the new backup job wizard showed local resources of media server (so I was able to restore with file redirection). Next, I added the client to Windows Systems in Favourite Resources section. I still don't see this client in this section but I was warned that it may take some time. As I am able to restore with file redirection, I will wait patiently for the client to appear. Unless there is something more I should check?

Many thanks for instant help :)