Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to capture a domain user using GSS 2.5.1 User Migration on Windows 7 client PC

Posted Apr 05, 2010 04:32 PM

I have been attempting to run a task that utilizes the Ghost Solution Suite's User Migration to capture a domain user from a PC running Windows 7.  When doing so, I get an error message stating that "no users found that match specified criteria".  I have logged on to the machine as that user and the profile exists on the machine.  This problem occurs only when trying to do this for domain users.  I have rerun the task trying to grab "All Users", and when doing so it grabs all the local users on the machine, but no domain users (and there were two at the time the task was run).  Has anyone else encountered this issue, and if so, is there a way to get this to work properly?  I have had no issues like this when trying to run this against PCs that are running Windows XP.

• 2.  RE: Unable to capture a domain user using GSS 2.5.1 User Migration on Windows 7 client PC

Posted Apr 05, 2010 11:52 PM
    Your domain' users have roaming profile or local profile on the W7 station ?

• 3.  RE: Unable to capture a domain user using GSS 2.5.1 User Migration on Windows 7 client PC

Posted Apr 06, 2010 12:17 PM

Thanks for the assistance.  The domain users have a local profile on the Win7 PC.

• 4.  RE: Unable to capture a domain user using GSS 2.5.1 User Migration on Windows 7 client PC

Posted Jun 29, 2010 10:35 PM
    this will happen if user migration cannot contact the domain during the migration process