Unable to connect to the selected NetBackup host "masterserver.xxx.com"
Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4)
X86 Family 6 Model 10 Sepping
NBU Master server version 6.5.6
NetBackup console is not opening, giving below error.
Unable to connect to the selected NetBackup host "masterserver.xxx.com" 1. Make sure the user "admin" has privileges on the host. 2. Make sure the local host is...... and some more points, can be find in attached screen shot.
Below is what I tried.....
1) Restart the services, Console opens...but after some time getting same error.
2) During bpdown, failed to stop some demon. Killed them manually.
3) Not able to stop bpdbm, getting permission issue.
4) Name resolution ok (nslookup, reverse nslookup)
5) Checked in registery, name is defined accurately.
6) Put the entry in HOSTS file.
Please assist if anyone has faced such issue earlier.
I know that 6.5.6 is EOL, but cant upgrade to 7.x as server is windows2000. But still the things are in progress to upgrade the hardware first then the NBU.