Video Screencast Help

Unable to copy files from netbackup appliance 5220 2.5.1, using the CIFS share

Created: 11 Apr 2013 • Updated: 11 Apr 2013 | 5 comments
anishC5's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Unable to copy files from netbackup appliance 5220 2.5.1, using the CIFS share.

our CIFS share is as follows: \\mastersvr\incoming patches\ but unfortunately the windows is not recognising characters beyond "\\mastersvr\incoming"

Is there any way i can modify the CIFS folder name to access the shared directory please?

Operating Systems:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Andrew Madsen's picture

Are you using "" when you try to map? (\\mastersvr\incoming patches)

The above comments are not to be construed as an official stance of the company I work for; hell half the time they are not even an official stance for me.

Andrew Madsen's picture

Darned web page took off the quotes Trying example again "\\mastersrv\incoming patches"

There that is better.

The above comments are not to be construed as an official stance of the company I work for; hell half the time they are not even an official stance for me.

Andrew Madsen's picture

Oh and by the way you copy file TO this share. It is for patches need3ed to upgrade the appliance.

anishC5's picture

hi Andrew..

Problem resolved.

I was trying to copy data FROM this folder.

This is how it got resolved:

used the "map network drive" utility to map the drive and it took the whole path.

SOLUTION
Andrew Madsen's picture

if you are looking to copy the install files then you use \\mastrsrv\install