Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Unable to deploy SEP 12.1 on windows 7 from SEPM

Created: 09 Feb 2013 | 14 comments
charmele's picture
I need to deploy SEP client on Windows 7 computers from the console, but I have an error message (attached file).
I have made ​​from this link  http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH165133 actions on Windows computers by following the instructions but the result is always negative for deployment.
Please help me this is really urgent.
thank you

Comments 14 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

Also check that remote registry is turned on

Preparing Windows operating systems for remote deployment

Article:HOWTO80805  |  Created: 2012-10-24  |  Updated: 2013-01-30  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO80805

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

charmele's picture
I performed these actions for Windows 7 already.
It should be added that there is no domain computers are working group
.Brian's picture

Asssuming you followed all the steps in both documents, did the default admin account become disabled for some reason?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

charmele's picture

I am enclosing the access made ​​to "Admin $" and capture the local Administrator account

compte_dacces.jpg compte_administrateur.jpg
SebastianZ's picture

- Ensure both C$ and Admin$ are allowed.

- second screenshot shows a McAfee user? Is any McAfee AV software still installed on the machine?

SebastianZ's picture

For the remote deployment to work check all of the following:

- enabled build-in admin account with password

- allowed administrative shares

- check if windows firewall is not blocking this connection

- enabled remote registry service

- disable UAC

- Disable the Sharing Wizard

- Enable network discovery

Steps to prepare computers to install Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 client

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163112

charmele's picture
McAfee has been used to make a test with the uninstall option built into the console, but now the services are stopped.
you will find in attachment the various catches on things to check
network.jpg remote registry service.jpg UAC_disable.jpg the Sharing Wizard.jpg firewall_disable.jpg c$_admin$.jpg
.Brian's picture

If you look on the client machine, in %temp% location, is there a SEP_INST.log file?

Perhaps the install was pushed but the client needed to be restarted before install could proceed, which caused it to terminate prematurely.

SebastianZ's picture

- Have you checked the "remote registry" service as well? don't see it on the screenshots

- what account are you putting in the client deployment wizard - local admin account for that machine?

charmele's picture

The problem lies in the access to the machine for remote push deployment

See file attached

error_deplyment.jpg
.Brian's picture

What does the error message say? I only know english. Sorry

charmele's picture

Here is what the message

"The connection to the computer GHPC3 (192.168.10.104) failed. The customer could not be installed on the remote computer"

.Brian's picture

At this point, a call to support may be necessary. Assuming you've followed all the above advice and KB articles, this should've worked. Personally, I've not seen it come this far. I know you said it was urgent and support may be your best bet at this time.

In the mean time, I'll keep researching.

Is it just this PC or all Windows 7 PCs?