Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to establish connection with session error 10030

Posted Nov 08, 2012 10:02 AM

We have been using Ghost 11.5.1 for the last 12 weeks and all has been going well.

Suddenly this week I cannot connect to any session, it times out with an "Unable to establish connection with session error 10030" message.
    This is the same if I PXE boot from the ghost server or boot from USB.  

BUT if I enter the server address under "Discovery Methord" when specifying the session number it connects straight away.

Any ideas what might have changed or how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

• 2.  RE: Unable to establish connection with session error 10030

Posted Nov 08, 2012 02:01 PM

Sounds like someone has been messing with your switch configurations. Have you checked with your network guys to find out if they have been updating or reconfiguring network switches?

• 3.  RE: Unable to establish connection with session error 10030

Posted Nov 09, 2012 09:22 AM

Switches is most likely, but if not check DHCP.  If you are using DOS then it isn't DHCP.  If you are using linux client boot then there is a chance it could be.  Check the DHCP scope values 003 and 006.

• 4.  RE: Unable to establish connection with session error 10030

Posted Nov 12, 2012 09:13 AM

Yes I think someone has been playing with the switches, but not sure what has been done!

• 5.  RE: Unable to establish connection with session error 10030

Posted Nov 12, 2012 10:33 AM

Check with the network guys (if you have them) or send out a global email around the office to ask who has changed what. Then consider implementing proper change controls.