Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  unable to install client security 10.0 on exchange server

Posted Dec 01, 2008 08:35 AM

I have an exchange server running Symantec Mail Security 6.0 I am trying to install SAV Client Securitty 10.0

However the installation get to a point and then rolls back.

The 

• 2.  RE: unable to install client security 10.0 on exchange server

Posted Dec 01, 2008 02:08 PM

Is the server running a 64bit operating system?

I do not think SAV 10.0.x supports being run on a 64bit server. I believe it would be necessary to install at least version 10.1 or higher.

• 3.  RE: unable to install client security 10.0 on exchange server

Posted Dec 02, 2008 09:08 AM

I don't think that installation of 32bit client would go so far on 64bit system that it starts to roll back. Normally there is just a prompt that this client cannot be installed if you try to install 32bit in 64bit system. I would guess there is some old NAV/SAV version or parts of it still remaining and therefore the installation doesn't finish. I would go through the registry to see if there is still something about NAV/SAV.

- Jukka 

• 4.  RE: unable to install client security 10.0 on exchange server

Posted Dec 24, 2008 10:24 AM

HI,

plz provide answer to my query...

i have symantic antivirus 10.0 5 user business pack..can i install it on IBM server NX-3400 which is a 64-bit platform...and having Operating system Windows 2003 advance server 64-bit version...on the package it is written 10.0 nothing mensioned as if it will support 32 bit or 64-bit platform...when i run the .exefile it shows the version as 10.1..so is it the 10.0 or 10.1? and will it be installed on the said system?

Plz help ,,,,

Sabir khan

• 5.  RE: unable to install client security 10.0 on exchange server

Posted Dec 24, 2008 10:56 AM

I have answered your question elsewhere, but I noticed that you multi-posted this everywhere. Please do not do that again.

Only post one time, maybe twice if there are two boards that might be related, but never more than once per board. Multi-posts are only going to make people mad at you and LESS likely to help you. In addition, your posts are not related to the ones you asked in.

• 6.  RE: unable to install client security 10.0 on exchange server

Posted Dec 24, 2008 01:59 PM
    Yes u r right..may be i was in too hurry...I will keep this in mind.....Thanx for the reply u made in other board...TC