Video Screencast Help

Unable to install SF 6.0.1 on Solaris 10 SPARC

Created: 03 Oct 2012 | 3 comments

Hello,

I'm trying to install SF trialware and Is there a way around to install SF on Solaris 10 SPARC without meeting the required patches?

I've tried,

#./installsf -ignorepatchreqs but, I'm still getting an error,

CPI WARNING V-9-30-2069 The following required OS patches were not found on plum:
        125731-02 128306-05 127111-01
Package installation may fail when required OS patches are not installed on the system

I'm not able to install patches on this machine for a numerous reasons.

Any feedback would be appreicated,

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Marianne's picture

I have never tried to install SF without first installing required OS patches.

There is normally a very good reason for required patches.

Supporting Storage Foundation and VCS on Unix and Windows as well as NetBackup on Unix and Windows
Handy NBU Links

mikebounds's picture

You could try installing packages manually.  There are some flags to installsf to show you the packages - minpkgs, -recpkgs, -allpkgs.  These flags list the packages in the order they need to be installed.

I think the packages are compressed, so you will need to uncompress each package first.

After you have installed packages, then you may be able to use "installsf -configure" to configure SF, but I am not sure if this will check prereq O/S patches - otherwise you will need to run vxinstall to configure volume manager.

Mike

UK Symantec Consultant in VCS, GCO, SF, VVR, VxAT on Solaris, AIX, HP-ux, Linux & Windows

If this post has answered your question then please click on "Mark as solution" link below

mikebounds's picture

Just seen there is a section in the SFHA install guide for using pkgadd, so you should follow this - search for "Installing SFHA using the pkgadd command" in the PDF guide.

Mike

UK Symantec Consultant in VCS, GCO, SF, VVR, VxAT on Solaris, AIX, HP-ux, Linux & Windows

If this post has answered your question then please click on "Mark as solution" link below