Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to Install Symantec End Point Protection Client on Server 2003

Posted Nov 13, 2009 12:22 AM

Issue:Unable to Install End Point Protection Client on Server 2003
    Other Symantec Products in that Computer:Backupexec, Symantec End Point Protection Manager

Didn't run Cleanwipe because it will wipe Symantec End Point Protection Manager
    Didn't do manual Uninstallation because it will affect other Symantec products
    Current Version:11.0.5002.333

I was able to install MR3 earlier,now  i uninstalled MR3 and tried to Install MR5,now i am facing this issue.

Steps Tried:
     Tried to Install liveupdate installation successful
     While trying to Install Symantec End Point protection through MSi it stops at Install Cache
    Tried the same steps with managed and self Managed both hangs at install cache
     Checked for SEP_Inst in %temp% it is not generating the SEP_Inst logs searched for that logs it is not present.
     Event Log Service was Started and Automatic.

Able to Install Windows Installer Cleanup,Ran Windows Script .5.7 for Server 2003,Restarted the Computer
    Able to install Windows Installer, 3.1unregister and reregister the windows installer.
    However stil the Installation hangs at create install cache

Any Suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Unable to Install Symantec End Point Protection Client on Server 2003

Posted Nov 13, 2009 12:33 AM
    follow this document enable the loggin and paste the log

How to enable Windows Installer logging

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223300

try to install liveupdate and then run the setupfile..check if that helps

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sep-rolling-back-during-installation

• 3.  RE: Unable to Install Symantec End Point Protection Client on Server 2003

Posted Nov 13, 2009 12:33 AM
     Try installing SEP client as unmanaged and try to make it managed.

• 4.  RE: Unable to Install Symantec End Point Protection Client on Server 2003

Posted Nov 13, 2009 04:04 AM
    Will you please paste the SEP _Inst.log