unable to push new virusdefs to clients after new server install
Created: 07 Jan 2008 • Updated: 21 May 2010 | 20 comments
I did the following:
1. originally installed on one server (windows 2003 R2)
2. virusdefs used too much disk
3. The correct update wouldn't download to the server for client push
4. Able to push to client but wrong and old defs
5. Installed on another server, attempted replication but wouldn't work - disk space.
6. Did a new first time install on another server (after removal from second server).
7. Backup and restore the database (embedded) from the original server.
8. Delete orginal server.
9. New microdefs finally download to new server install.
10. Can see clients but unable to manage (new install) or push new defs. Not communicating with clients.
Have seen this error in the event log at install time:
The Java Virtual Machine has exited with a code of -1, the service is being stopped.