Video Screencast Help

unable to run the addsec command successfully (V-5-52-421)

Created: 26 Jul 2012 • Updated: 26 Jul 2012 | 4 comments
Zahid.Haseeb's picture

Environment

Operating system version = Linux Redhat 6.2

Storage Foundation version = 6.0 with RP1

Replication between one to one node with local disks

Problem

My Secondary Site node got crashed. I newly created new installation of OS and SF with same patch level. I also removed the RVG. I successfully ran the createpri command but when I run the addsec command I faced the below error:

The vradmind server on the host host is not running, or it's running on a different port, or host is not reachable.

Connectivity between primary and secondary site is 100% fine and both systems are able to ping each other. No firewall and SELinux is disabled. I also restarted the vradmind service on both nodes

Also note : I am using IP addresses in the addsec command instead of hostnames for primary and dr site nodes. So i think there may be no name resolution  problem

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Zahid.Haseeb's picture

As per the below post let me try to replace the loopback address with the replication IP address  under host file of remote/secondary node and will share the result.

If this will work I will also replace this at primary site too(in case of reverse replication)

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/connection-issue-basic-replication-settings

Other suggestions will also be appriciated

Any comment will be appreciated. Mark as Solution if your query is resolved

zahidhaseeb.wordpress.com

Douglas Snyder's picture

I reccomend using the Symantec Operations Readiness Tool (SORT) located here: https://sort.symantec.com to look up your error code.  You can also use SORT to run a health check of your systems which will often find the underlying issues.

Doug Snyder

Sr. Principal Sales Engineer

Columbus, Ohio USA

Zahid.Haseeb's picture

Would this really helps Dauglas? I did not find any solid findings under the below link but still let me do as per your suggestion

http://sfdoccentral.symantec.com/sf/5.0/aix/html/vvr_admin/ag_ap_messages_vvr6.html

V-5-52-421  

vradmind server on host host not responding or hostname cannot be resolved.  

The vradmind server on the host host is not running, or it's running on a different port, or host is not reachable. 

Action: Make sure host is the correct host name and is reachable. Also make sure that vradmind is running on host and is using the same port as that on the Primary. Use vrport command to check and/or set the ports. 

Zahid.Haseeb's picture

The problem is identified and related to connectivity but I am not able to understand that the addsec command was not able to run on a connectivity configuration which was done with iproute2(its a linux OS tool). I also have to add an static route between these two nodes of replication and the command executed.

Dont know why addsec command is running on one connectivity scenerio configuration but not on other. Seems not related to Symantec but the question is why on perfect connectivity with no restriction it does not work.