Unable to Run Physical to virtual machine Conversion on Backup Exec 2012.
We are testing one of the Feature available with backup Exec 2012 (converting the Physical to Virtual Machine, Baremetal to Virtual Machine).
We want to test with Feature on Cisco UCS Server with HP Tape Library.
Steps we Followed:
1) Created the Physical Machine by installing Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise on SAN Storage (NetApp). Provided the LUN from the NetApp Storage to the UCS Server, and then continued with the installation of Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise
2) After the installation is completed added the Physical Machine to the Backup Exec Server.
3) Selected the Option as BACKUP TO DISK AND SIMULTANEOULSY CONVERT TO VIRTUAL MACHINE.
4) Provided the Following Option on Disk like (Running the Job Now, Selected storage as DISK, Network, and disabled the Snapshot.
5) Provided the Following Option of Conversion to Virtual (ESXi Server, Log on account, DataStore, Resource Pool, Virtual Machine Name, Vmware Tools ISO Location)
But dont find the SERVER CONFIGURATION and DISK CONFIGURATION Listed like Physical RAM and CPU. Please let me know if anything needs to be enabled. Because of this i was not able to RUN the Backup Job.
Also let me know can we convert the Physcial Machine to Virtual Machine in which the Physcial machine is installed on SAN.