Video Screencast Help

Uninstall BE2012 SP1a

Created: 20 Dec 2012 • Updated: 21 Dec 2012 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I have BE2012 on a Win2003 Server and seems to be dying by inches. What I'd like is to uninstall it altogether however when I try via Add/Remove programs nothing happens. ie I click the Remove button and nothing happens. Click the Change button also nothing happens. In the App log I see an Event ID 1000 Faulting Application VXLogServer.exe, the version number, and offset 0x001aff5d.

In BE itself I can't seem to open the licensing configurator, and the storage page won't let me remove old tape drives (says it's in use by a nonexistent job). I've tried running the installer again and it runs for a moment then says something like "Processed 690 files" and then it stops and nothing else happens. The environment checker runs just fine.

Any thoughts on how I can completely remove and re-install BE? I don't need to save any catalogs or any other old information.

Thanks.

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

CraigV's picture

hi,

there is a utility from Microsoft that cleans up installed applications. it is called Microsoft Cleanup Utility...download it and run it, and use this to uninstall BE!

Thanks!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

SOLUTION