Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Universal 3.2.1 MP3 Restore to 3.2.1 MP5 stuck in 99%

Created: 26 Nov 2012 • Updated: 29 Nov 2012 | 5 comments
bgee's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi there,

i always do full_restores on new builds of universal server.

My backup has size of approx 33mb  and normally this works without any hassle.

since 3.2.1_MP5 is released i tried to full-restore (doing fresh .iso installation of MP5 and pick "Restore" on WebUI) a 3.2.1_MP3 backup from last week, also from september and it's stuck after uploaded 99% .

ORG Key is proper, as said i use full-restore method for many months instead of using .PUP File update.

im also able to open the backup .pgp File with the org-key via PGP desktop and able to unzip the tar.gz Files inside.

I will re-try with 3.2.0 backup and plauin 3.2.1 backup without any MPx , but wanted to ask here if someone else experienced this (i never had this).

Btw. i tried to install plain 3.2.1_MP5 and exchanged the old ORG Key to be able to upload the backup directly via system-backup settings, then some error occured saying in the administrator-logs "java except error etc"...

i can post screenshots if needed , if i dont hear anything here i will open case too ,

regards
benjamin

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

bgee's picture

Restore from plain 3.2.1 backup to 3.2.1_MP5 also not working (and this backup worked properly for 3.2.1_MP1 )

Will retry with 3.2.0 backup but i dont think its working cause those backups were fine with pre-MP5 Universal Servers , so it has to do with the MP5  - not sure why the backup isnt accepted and keeps stuck on 99%

regards
ben

bgee's picture

getting this if installing fresh 3.2.1_MP5 and exchanging OrgKey (cause otherwise backup/restore would not work) and during upoad of the 33mb file i get this error :

HanSchneider's picture

Hi,

you did encrypt to Orgakey and compress you Backup right?

Please make a backup without encryption and compression and try to restore again.

Does that work?

SOLUTION
bgee's picture

Yes this worked , i wonder why MP2-crypted to ORG Key worked to Restore to MP3-fresh installation in september after release date , but  no it doenst ,

So let's confirm this as solution , thanks for the hint, future backups i wont encrypt anymore to the orga-key

regards
ben

bnilsson's picture

As far as history goes and using the backups for restore, it's been a practice of restoring the backups version to the same version, backups have had a history of changes in terms of content, and therefore the dependency of restoring on the same version.