Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Unknow key problem on PGP Desktop 10.1.1

Posted Mar 07, 2011 05:25 PM

I changed a new company last month.  Symantec told me I needed to go to Symantec portal to download software on my new company, and then active my software on my new company.  Alos I inactive my PGP Desktop on my old company and copy my "pubring" & "secring" to my new company.

When I active my PGP Desktop 10.1.1 on my new company, I selected "I have used PGP before and I have existing keys.".

However, I tried to decrypt my email which is DOD emall order, I saw this message.

I clicked "Current Window"->Decrypt & Verify, and then I saw "1 unknown key(s)" & "It is not possible to decrypt this message because your keyring does not contain usable private key(s) corresponding to any of the above public key(s)."

Usually, after I enter my passphrase on pop-up window, I just copy messgae whihc mean order to my Word, but I got problem.  I cannot enter passphrase b/c they don't find my private key.

Can somebody have me to solve this problem?  I need to open my DOD Emall email.

Thanks,

Irene.

• 2.  RE: Unknow key problem on PGP Desktop 10.1.1

Posted Mar 22, 2011 12:09 PM

Moving this to the PGP forum.

• 3.  RE: Unknow key problem on PGP Desktop 10.1.1

Posted Mar 22, 2011 12:48 PM

If you copied the correct keyrings from your old computer, you might just need to go to All Keys in PGP Desktop, right click on your key, select Properties, and change the Trust setting to Implicit.  If you can't set your key to having implicit trust, you do not have the private key.  Please make sure your Key ID is that of the key you have been using.

Please also right click on All Keys, and select Properties, to make sure that you are using the keyrings you mean to be using.