Video Screencast Help

Update NIS 2010 offline

Created: 18 Feb 2010 • Updated: 21 May 2010 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I have NIS 2010 and want to update it. I have an internet connection that is not so fast and it would not be possible for me to update NIS as the first update is huge. So I wanted to use another PC with a high internet connection to download full virus databases from symantec. Then use the the downloaded updates from a flash carrier to update NIS on my PC. Then with my internet connection, I would download the daily updates which will be possible with my internet connection.
   I wanted to know if that was possible beacause it's possible for other security software. And how much is the first update and is there a utility to download and saves the updates in a specific folder which can stop and resume downloading. Just like Kaspersky what! But Kaspersky servers are damn slow.
Thanks very much in advance. Waiting for a quick reply.
IF I can use Norton to update that way, then NORTON FOR LIFE

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

LeslieMiller's picture

Heetesh--

You may want to check out the Norton community at http://community.norton.com. You'll probably find a better answer to your question there. This forum is for users of Symantec's business solutions.

Vikram Kumar-SAV to SEP's picture

Although it is a NAV question however the answer to your question is
Download the xxxxxxxxi32.exe file from
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/AVDEFS/norton_antivirus/

Save it anywhere flash disk etc run it on your computer.
For resumable download you can use DAP ( Download accelerator Plus ) its a freeware available on internet.

Vikram Kumar

Symantec Consultant

The most helpful part of entire Symantec connect is the Search button..do use it.

SOLUTION