Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Updated SEP 11.0.7.3 to SEP 11.0.7.4--Now, Scheduled Scans NOT Displaying--Help

Posted Feb 17, 2014 02:29 AM

Hello:

I have several clients running Windows XP Professional (SP3), with SEP 11.0.7.3 (32-bit). They have an administrator-defined, weekly-scheduled, full system scan. The scan is configured to “show progress while scanning.” This configured scan has been in place for years. A few weeks ago, I patched these SEP installations with the latest patch (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH213507&key=54619&basecat=DOWNLOADS&actp=LIST), updating these installations to 11.0.7.4. Since these updates, all updated clients are no longer showing the scheduled scan progress, when the system is scanning. According to the SEP client logs, the scans still take place; however, the “scan progress” window does not appear, as it always has in the past. I have checked the configurations and “show scan progress” is still selected. I changed this setting to “do not show scan progress” saved the setting, closed the SEP client and reapplied the “show scan progress” setting, as it previously was set. Unfortunately, all clients still are not showing the weekly-scheduled scan.

I would appreciate anyone’s help on getting the “show scan progress” window back, during these weekly scans. Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Updated SEP 11.0.7.3 to SEP 11.0.7.4--Now, Scheduled Scans NOT Displaying--Help

Posted Feb 17, 2014 03:23 AM

Can you check if there is any difference between the type of users logged in to the machine? what I mean check:

- standards user logs in - is the scan progress displayed?

- administrator logs in - is the scan progress displayed?

• 3.  RE: Updated SEP 11.0.7.3 to SEP 11.0.7.4--Now, Scheduled Scans NOT Displaying--Help

Posted Feb 18, 2014 05:14 AM

Hi, SebastianZ:

Thank you for your quick reply.  I am managing this system, remotely; so, I will work with the onsite user and get back with you, regarding whether or not the user (standard user) can see the scan progress window.  I attempted to change the schedule of the full system scan, to a few minutes into the future, to see if I, as the Administrator, could see the scan and it did not scan.  Instead, it advanced the schedule, ahead, by one week.  When I, however, right-clicked the scheduled scan to "Scan Now," the scan started right up and I was able to see the scan progress window.  I will report back, as soon as I work it out with the onsite user.  Thank you, once again, SebastianZ.

• 4.  RE: Updated SEP 11.0.7.3 to SEP 11.0.7.4--Now, Scheduled Scans NOT Displaying--Help

Posted Mar 26, 2014 11:39 PM

Hello, SebastianZ:

I would like to apologize for my delayed response.  I did follow up on your last post, with my clients, remotely; however, I wasn't able to schedule an adequate amount of time with the people, remotely, to come up with a valuable observation.  Now, with the "XP Death Date" approaching, I have migrated these few clients over to Windows 7 and SEP 12.x.  So, for this particular incident, we can close this out. 

Thanks, again, for your assistance.