Updating the Symantec Brightmail Gateway appliances from 9.5.1-6 to version 10.0.1-2
I am planning to Update the Symantec Brightmail Gateway appliances Software Version from 9.5.1-6 to version 10.0.1-2. I have panned for backing up and planned the steps to upgrade. Request you to please have a look and correct me if i am wrong:
- Log into an appliance using an SSH client or log in at the console. You must use your administrator credentials to log in.
- To list available updates, type the following command: update list
- To download the update, type the following command: update download
- To install the update, type the following command: update install
To make a backup of the current version:
- Login to the Control Center
- Navigate to Administration -> Hosts -> Version
- Click Backup Now
- Select Full Backup
- Select where to save the backup (On the Control Center OR an FTP server)
Actually i was looking for any article or documentations from some of you who have done this before. I am very poor in Command Line implementation. Your views and ideas are really required.
Thanking you all in advance for your kind support.