Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrade from 11.0.6 to 11.0.7 and wont push SEP

Posted Jul 20, 2012 11:37 AM

I have a client who is using SEPM 11.0.6005.562 and I want to upgrade to 11.0.7 MP2.  I understand the upgrade process as I've done this for about 6 clients with total success.  But this one client has some issues.  It seems at first the install is sucessful, but when I click about I see it's not and stays on version 11.0.6005.562.  Not only that but I cannot seem to push to clients.  I use the find unamanged clients process and it comes up with lots of clients, of whom I dont really believe are unmanaged.  I try to push and never see any results in the monitors section.  It would appear nothing is working.  I have checked the forums and truly dont want to call symantec (Sorry guys, you're nice and all but I can't understand 80% of what you say...language barrier) and then have them tell me to try some things that I have tried...from this forum.

I need an overall soution.  What my next steps may be, if I can, is to uninstall SEPM totally after a backup.  Install 11.0.7 and try to restore the database, then upgrade to 11.0.7 MP2.  Then try to push to the clients.  I have a feeling the SEPM now is some what messed up.

Suggestions please.

Thanks to all smiley

• 2.  RE: Upgrade from 11.0.6 to 11.0.7 and wont push SEP
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 20, 2012 01:51 PM

Well, apparently my way worked.

FYI to all, when having odd issues with SEPM, and you're thinking to uninstall and reinstall. uninstall live updater also....install that first, then SEPM.  Worked like a charm!