Video Screencast Help

Upgrade from 11.5 to 11.6 custom attributes broken

Created: 03 Oct 2012 • Updated: 08 Oct 2012 | 8 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

So I upgraded our DLP from 11.5.1 to 11.6 and now all of our custom attributes are broken and not working. I checked the LDAP plugin and it appears to be working along with the AD connections that we created in the group directories. I was not the person that set this up but I now oversee the application.

Has anyone else experienced this during the upgrade? Any help is appreciated.

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

DLP Solutions's picture

I have seen this issue before, are none of the custom attrributes working? If some are then check the order of the lookups, they may need to be reorderd.

If this is happening across all of the attributes, then it might be the configuration of the LDAP connector. I have noticed that in some cases the basedn or the search base has a space in it. This  does not wokr properly with the plugin.

Can you paste the configuration that you have for both the LDAP connection and the Custom Attribute mapping. We can then provide better information.

Please make sure to mark this as a solution

to your problem, when possible.

stephane.fichet's picture

did you try performing a "Reload lookup plugin" after upgrade ? I had the same issue with a CSV plugin (working fine with 11.1 then didnt work after upgrade) and this solved my problem.

yang_zhang's picture

Do you only use LDAP Lookup in your environment?

Could you check the log of your Lookup?

If a forum post solves your problem, please flag it as a solution. If you like an article, blog post or download vote it up.
Mike S.'s picture

Sorry it has taken a bit to get back, I have a ticket open with symantec but they cannot seem to find the issue. Everything was working pre 11.6 and now nothing.

Here is my log from today.

Oct 8, 2012 8:34:47 AM (INFO) Thread: 21 [com.vontu.util.config.SystemProperties.setSystemProperties] System Properties:
  com.vontu.api.incident.attributes.AttributeLookup.auto=true
  com.vontu.api.incident.attributes.AttributeLookup.output.parameters=data-owner-name, data-owner-email
  com.vontu.api.incident.attributes.AttributeLookup.reload=false
  com.vontu.api.incident.attributes.AttributeLookup.thread_count=5
  com.vontu.api.incident.attributes.AttributeLookup.timeout=60000
  com.vontu.enforce.incidentresponseaction.IncidentResponseActionInvocationService.keep-alive-time=60000
  com.vontu.enforce.incidentresponseaction.IncidentResponseActionInvocationService.maximum-incident-batch-size=100
  com.vontu.enforce.incidentresponseaction.IncidentResponseActionInvocationService.serial-timeout=60000
  com.vontu.messaging.induction.Inductor.plugins=Vontu CopyRule Inductor,Vontu FileScan Inductor,Vontu ICAP Inductor,Vontu Inline SMTP Inductor,Vontu PacketCapture Inductor,Vontu Discover Inductor,Vontu Aggregator Inductor,Vontu Lotus Notes Crawler,Vontu Classification Inductor,NCSO.jar,Notes.jar
Oct 8, 2012 8:34:47 AM (INFO) Thread: 21 [com.vontu.logging.LocalLogWriter.write] Loaded Custom Attribute Lookup Plug-ins. The following Custom Attribute Lookup Plug-ins were loaded: com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup, com.vontu.lookup.liveldap.LiveLdapLookup.
Oct 8, 2012 8:34:47 AM (INFO) Thread: 21 [com.vontu.enforce.workflow.attributes.notification.ReloadLookupPluginsListener.reloadPlugins] Custom Attribute Lookup plugins reloaded
Oct 8, 2012 8:35:02 AM (WARNING) Thread: 29 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:35:12 AM (WARNING) Thread: 29 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:35:12 AM (WARNING) Thread: 30 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:36:52 AM (WARNING) Thread: 30 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:37:32 AM (WARNING) Thread: 30 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:37:32 AM (WARNING) Thread: 29 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:37:42 AM (WARNING) Thread: 30 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:37:42 AM (WARNING) Thread: 29 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:38:32 AM (WARNING) Thread: 29 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:39:52 AM (WARNING) Thread: 29 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:40:32 AM (WARNING) Thread: 29 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:40:32 AM (WARNING) Thread: 30 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:40:42 AM (WARNING) Thread: 30 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:40:42 AM (WARNING) Thread: 29 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:41:02 AM (WARNING) Thread: 30 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:41:52 AM (WARNING) Thread: 30 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:42:32 AM (WARNING) Thread: 30 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly
Oct 8, 2012 8:43:02 AM (WARNING) Thread: 30 [com.vontu.lookup.script.ScriptLookup.isIncidentAllowed] Protocol filtering check bypassed.  Enable the incident group of attributes for filtering to function properly

Mike S.'s picture

Also here is the mapping that was set up for us.

attr.Manager\ Name=:(distinguishedName=$TempManager$):name
attr.Employee\ Dept=:(distinguishedName=$TempEmployee$):department
attr.Manager\ Email=:(distinguishedName=$TempManager$):mail
attr.Employee\ Email=:(distinguishedName=$TempEmployee$):mail
attr.Employee\ Office=:(distinguishedName=$TempEmployee$):physicalDeliveryOfficeName
attr.Manager\ Title=:(distinguishedName=$TempManager$):title
attr.Employee\ Name=:(distinguishedName=$TempEmployee$):name
attr.TempManager=:(|(mail=$sender-email$)(sAMAccountName=$file-owner$)(sAMAccountName=$UserName$)):manager
attr.Employee\ Title=:(distinguishedName=$TempEmployee$):title
attr.Manager\ Phone=:(distinguishedName=$TempManager$):telephoneNumber
attr.TempEmployee=:(|(mail=$sender-email$)(sAMAccountName=$file-owner$)(sAMAccountName=$UserName$)):distinguishedName
attr.Employee\ Phone=:(distinguishedName=$TempEmployee$):telephoneNumber

DLP Solutions's picture

Here is what you need to do...

First you need to re-arrange the LDAP lookup, it changed the order of the lookup and would break the process.

attr.TempEmployee=:(|(mail=$sender-email$)(sAMAccountName=$file-owner$)(sAMAccountName=$UserName$)):distinguishedName
attr.TempManager=:(|(mail=$sender-email$)(sAMAccountName=$file-owner$)(sAMAccountName=$UserName$)):manager
attr.Manager\ Name=:(distinguishedName=$TempManager$):name
attr.Employee\ Dept=:(distinguishedName=$TempEmployee$):department
attr.Manager\ Email=:(distinguishedName=$TempManager$):mail
attr.Employee\ Email=:(distinguishedName=$TempEmployee$):mail
attr.Employee\ Office=:(distinguishedName=$TempEmployee$):physicalDeliveryOfficeName
attr.Manager\ Title=:(distinguishedName=$TempManager$):title
attr.Employee\ Name=:(distinguishedName=$TempEmployee$):name
attr.Employee\ Title=:(distinguishedName=$TempEmployee$):title
attr.Manager\ Phone=:(distinguishedName=$TempManager$):telephoneNumber

Next it looks like you need to update the Lookup Plugins > Lookup Parameters

You need to select the following boxes: Incident, Message, Sender.

ONce you save all of that, reload the plugins from the custom attribute page and then try and look up an incident.

Should work!!

Good Luck, Ronak

SOLUTION
Mike S.'s picture

Ronak, sir, you are a genius! It works!

I really appreciate the help on this. I did everything you suggested and it was all way off. I went ahead and marked the solution.

Thank you so much. Now I can tell the tech working my case that you solved it.

DLP Solutions's picture

Mike,

No problem..

I am former Vontu/Symantec so I know more about the product than most. BTW.. I was the go to person when it comes to LDAP lookups when I was there. In addition to customizing the lookups even more.

If you need more help around this in addition to making full use of your system, let me know. I do health checks for customers at a low cost, and can provide some real help when tuning and utilizing the system quickly.

Ronak

rpatel@dlp-solutions.com