Video Screencast Help

Upgrade from 12.1.1 to 12.1.2 domain computers hanging

Created: 06 Dec 2012 | 9 comments

I have an issue with the latest upgrade to Symantec 12.1.2 where people are able to log into their domain computers (mostly Windows 7) but randomly every day 10 or 15 of them will hang before they are able to do anything else.  This only started to happen after we upgraded everyone.  Has anyone else had a similar issue?  I'd love to know if there is something we can do because the tech support guy suggested rolling back, which isn't easy or plausible.  Thanks.

Comments 9 CommentsJump to latest comment

_Brian's picture

What components are installed?

have you tried disabling NTP component on one client as a test to see what result is?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

neingesicht's picture

Components of SEP?  Firewall, Intrusion Prevention, SONAR, Download Protection, Insight, Bloodhound, I can't seem to find the Network Threat Protection piece.

_Brian's picture

The firewall and IPS make up the NTP component.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

_Brian's picture

If you right click a client in SEPM and select Disable Network Threat Protection

neingesicht's picture

Ok I can try that tomorrow as it seems only to happen on startup.  It's strange that it wouldn't happen before in the older version. 

_Brian's picture

Something may have changed in one of the components, so we'll need to narrow it down.

neingesicht's picture

Can you disable threat protection and have it stay that way on reboot without changing the policy?  Also, we're thinking that this might be related to Malwarebytes, as only computers with that installed are having an issue.  It was never an issue before, but we're going to remove that and see if it changes anything.

_Brian's picture

No, it will start back up on reboot so you will need to modify policy or remove the component thru add/remove programs.

You can also run the SymHelp tool to see if any issues come up on a lcient:

https://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pa...