Video Screencast Help

upgrade to 7.5.0.6 or wait for 7.6

Created: 27 Sep 2013 • Updated: 07 Oct 2013 | 6 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello,

Whats the opinion on upgrading from 7.5.0.3 to 7.5.0.6 verses just waiting for 7.6?

Thanks

Operating Systems:

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

Mark_Solutions's picture

I would go for 7.5.0.6 for now - just on Master and Media server unless there are any specific client bugs - just to get the current set of bug fixes

OK,  7.6 may be just round the corner but will you be installing that on Day 1 or waiting for a while to see if the forum starts filling up with 7.6 issues? (Though I am sure Q&A is almost 100% these days under the new Symantec)

Authorised Symantec Consultant

Don't forget to "Mark as Solution" if someones advice has solved your issue - and please bring back the Thumbs Up!!.

SOLUTION
Stumpr2's picture

I upgraded to 7.5.0.6 on 6 master servers and about 50 media servers. We decided to go from 7.5.0.4  to 7.5.0.6 for the 2012 support. I do not like to jump on the first release of a major upgrade and I traditionally wait for the first rollout of fixes. In this case it would be in 7.6.x.x

VERITAS ain't it the truth?

Nagalla's picture

I prefer to go for 7.5.0.6 now and wait for few days even after 7.6 release to see the issues and late breaking news..etc.. 

pmc214's picture

sounds good to me...thx

(its like buying a new car.... dont buy first model yr).

Stumpr2's picture

ayep. There is a reason they call it the bleeding edge.

VERITAS ain't it the truth?

DG-2005's picture

No sense in jeopardizing  all of your data just to be on the latest release.. bound to be a few bugs / glitches here and there that aren't 100% visible yet im sure.