Upgrade from 9 32 bit to 9 64 bit question
This is the process I am going to follow to move my EV server from a phsycal 32-bit box to a virtual 64-bit one. I wanted to double-check with someone to see if I am missing anything. My current version is 9.0.2.
1. Build new target EV server (Windows 2008 R2) with a different name
2. Stop EV services on source server
3. Run Server Settings Migration Wizard on source server
4. Copy wizard's output to target server
5. Copy any locally stored data to the target server
6. Turn off the source server
7. Rename target server with same name as source server
8. Attach SAN drives to target server
9. Install EV 9.0.2 64-bit on target server but do not configure EV
10. Run Server Settings Migration Wizard on target server
11. Turn on EV services
Note: all paths on target server are the same as source server
After about a week of "normal" operation, upgrade to version 10
Question: Should I convert the 32bit indexes from my source server before or after I upgrade to version 10?