Upgrade to BEWS 2012
I need your suggestions, recommendations, tips on upgradation to Backup Exec 2012 from Backup Exec 2010.
Following are the details of our server environment:
1. BEWS 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2 64 Bit.
2. Virtualised Enviroment.
3. AD, SQL, Exchange are VM's and are backed up.
4. Customer backsup the whole virtual machine and stores it into tapes.
5. Exchange and SQL backup have no. of policies for Weekly, Monthly, Yearly backup.
1. If I upgrade it to latest version will all the policies and catalogs will be in place?
2. Will backup jobs get hampered?
3. Can I create one testing machine and copy all the BEWS 2010 catalog and jobs and test the upgradation on testing machine.
I will be very thankfull to you guys if you could answer my queries.