Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Upgrade ccs esm agent 9.0 to 9.0.1 (9.0 sp1) on unix hosts

Created: 13 May 2009 • Updated: 22 May 2010 | 1 comment
Sunny G's picture

Hello there,

I am having an issue in running a 9.0.1 upgrade on Linux and Solaris machines which currently have the esm 9.0 agent installed.

We have ESM 9.0 agents installed on SUSE Linux (x86), Sun Solaris (sparc) andAIX 5.2 (32-bit). The 9.0 base agent went fine. But when we tried installing the 9.0sp1 upgrade we encountered an issue on Linux and Solaris (AIX worked ok).

first the files were made available to the agent host system, then we chmod'ed the esmsetup file to enable execute.  when running it failed because it did not appear to be a binary file?

The esmsetup install file did not execute, and it does not appear to be the right binary file. This is from the ESM 9.0.1 ISO downloaded from fileconnect called:

Symantec_Enterprise_Security_Manager_9.0.1_UNIX.iso
   look under > \linux\intel\esm90\esmsetup
   &                     \sun\solaris\sparc\esm90\esmsetup

Any ideas or thoughts on what is causing this or a fix?

Is any one else having this issue or have they tried it yet?  Its possible the distribution has a issue...

Thanks,
Sunny

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

Vighnesh's picture

Hello Sunny,

A similar issue had been reported about corrupted 9.0 SP1 ISO image, even though it had been mounted properly.  It appeared for some reason, the SHA-1 value did not match on download. 

Please try downloading the ISO (Symantec_Enterprise_Security_Manager_9.0.1_UNIX.iso) again and see if the SHA-1 matches below

"210669b1db0a59224009783b7f94b575401daae2"

I would like to suggest you, to make sure, that in case of the machine on which the ISO is mounted different from the test machine, you copy the installation files to the test machine in binary mode. This is for whichever file transfer utility you might be using.

Hope this works. Let me know, if you still face any problems on this.

--Vighnesh

-Vighnesh