I'm hoping someone will be able to provide some guidance for my issue. I'm running EV 6SP6. My company has migrated all exchange globally, to three clusters in our HQ in Europe. My three local Exchange servers have since been shut down and dismantled. Our end users are running Outlook 2010 which has compatibility issues with EV6. In the end I wish to retire my vault server. At the end of the day, I simply plan to export all 1500 or so end user vaults and provide the end users with their respective PSTs. I realize this seems like a LOOOOONG tedius task, so if anyone has a better way to accomplish the end goal, please do tell! At 3.5 seconds per 10 records exported, and 28.8 million records, this will take 9+ days of 24x7 continuous export! :(
My event log is filled with 10s of thousands of entries (EventID 2557) indicating "The Retrieval Task 'Mailbox Archiving Task for <SERVERNAME>(Retrieval)' could not be started due to startup errors."
1. Why are the EventID events still occurring? How do I turn this off? Should I even care?
2. Does the export to PST process improve in newer versions? Can I have everything exported into 1 PST rather than capped at 1.4 GB?
3. Is there a method to export to PST via the command line?
4. When I called support they said it was a simple as uninstalling EV6 and installing EV10, applying the license file and all my settings and data would be in the new version. Somehow, I don't believe that claim. As I recall reading in the upgrade guide, one needs to upgrade to each release along the way. Is this correct?
5. I have all binaries and license files for 7, 7.5, 8, 9 and 10. Should I upgrade all the way to 10?
6. Do I need to have the Exchange servers online to do the upgrade or can I simply upgrade the EV application and go about the Export to PST process?
Thank you so much in advance!