Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Upgrade Managed Media Server from BE 2010 R2 to BE 2012

Created: 15 Jun 2014 • Updated: 15 Jun 2014 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi 

I am planning to upgrade from BE 2010 R2 to BE 2012.

The Central Admin Server is already upgraded to version 2012. I am not able to find any article which gives the correct upgrade path for MMS.

Do I have to upgrade from BE 2010 R2 to R3 and then upgrade to 2012 or can i directly upgrade from BE 2010 R2 to BE 2012.

Thanks in advance .

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

VJware's picture

Have a look @ this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH178278

Specifically the section titled ~ Performing a rolling upgrade from CASO 2010 to CASO 2012 or 2014

Backup Exec 2010 R3 with SP2 must be installed on the managed Backup Exec servers to include in the rolling upgrade.

symcs77's picture

Hi , thanks for the prompt reply.. If I intend to upgrade 4 managed servers over a period of 4 days is that considered rolling upgrade ? sorry but I am confused by what "Upgrade all of the managed Backup Exec servers at the same time" means.. Should i down the services on all media servers at the same time and then upgrade and then bring them all up ?

Thanks

VJware's picture

Rolling upgrade means when the CASO is upgraded first and then the MMS servers are upgraded over a period of time.

And yes, you can upgrade your 4 MMS servers over a period of 4 days. This is considered a rolling upgrade as well.

SOLUTION