Upgrade NBU 6.5.6 to NBU 18.104.22.168
I would like to upgrade my media server that is currently running on AIX 6.1 installed with NBU 6.5.6 to NBU 22.214.171.124.
Can anybody teach me the best practise / or procedure to upgrade in AIX environment. I already read the Technote and done some research.
But i feel it is better for me to learn and share with others in this community through this article.
Correct me if I am wrong with my plan below to upgrade my media server:
1. Stop all netbackup services running on master servers : netbackup stop
2. Check processes for nbu: bpps -a
3. Kill all the processes that are still running : bp.kill_all
4.Mount the installer for NBU 7.5 : I need suggestion from you guys here. Do I have to Install directly or have to install the 7.5 then install the 126.96.36.199 patch. Also some installaton details :D
5. Run the installer.
6. Scan the drives for tape library : a. lsdev -Cc tape, b. tpconfig/cfgmgr -v c. lsdev -Cc - need opinion from you guys
7. Start the netbackup service.
8. Run vmoprcmd to check the drives on nbu.
Thanks in advance
"You give me fish then I'll eat for today, You teach me fish then I'll share with you and eat for lifetime"