Video Screencast Help
Scheduled Maintenance: Symantec Connect is scheduled to be down Saturday, April 19 from 10am to 2pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT: 5pm to 9pm) for server migration and upgrades.
Please accept our apologies in advance for any inconvenience this might cause.

Upgrade from Netbackup 6.5.6 to 7.5

Created: 13 Nov 2012 • Updated: 08 Feb 2013 | 6 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi all experts ,

I want to Upgrade my  Master Server & Client as well as admin console to version 7.5 . I am in Solaris 10 Sparc 64 bits. I have downloaded the following files through file connect

NetBackup_7.5_Solaris_Sparc64.tar.gz

Netbackup_7.5_CLIENTS_tar-gz.1of3

Netbackup_7.5_CLIENTS_tar-gz.2of3

Netbackup_7.5_CLIENTS_tar-gz.3of3

My questions is

1) Where i could down load the admin console 7.5?

2) Can i upgrade my server and clients from 6.5.6 to 7.5 directly. I read the upgrade guide and it says that 7.5 is compatible with 6.5

Please let me know.

Abu

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

Nicolai's picture

The Windows Java Console is part of the Windows  installation files.

You can upgrade from 6.5 to 7.x but you should consult the Netbackup 7.x upgrade portal first

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH74584

Assumption is the mother of all mess ups.

If this post answered your'e qustion -  Please mark as a soloution.

SOLUTION
Marianne's picture

Same for Windows Admin Console - use Windows 32- or 64-bit download files.

Supporting Storage Foundation and VCS on Unix and Windows as well as NetBackup on Unix and Windows
Handy NBU Links

abu.jaman's picture

Thanks both Marianne and Nicolai. Do you guys know the file names to be downloaded for JAVA console?

Yasuhisa Ishikawa's picture

Download NetBackup_7.5_Win_zip.1of2 and NetBackup_7.5_Win_zip.2of2, then concatinate them to get .zip file like below.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/symantec-netbackup-enterprise-server-75-after-download#comment-6970081

Authorized Symantec Consultant(ASC) Data Protection in Tokyo, Japan

Marianne's picture

Once you have downloaded, joined and extracted the Windows install files (there is a README on FileConnect with instructions), you can find Java Install Files under Addons.

Supporting Storage Foundation and VCS on Unix and Windows as well as NetBackup on Unix and Windows
Handy NBU Links