Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Upgrade to pcanywhere 12.6

Created: 15 May 2012 • Updated: 15 May 2012 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I am currently running Symantec pcAnywhere 12.5.1 and when I trying to do a Live Update it says it's currently up-to-date. The question is how do I upgrade to 12.6 and higher? I just purchased this copy of Symantec pcAnywhere...

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

MacBrinky's picture

12.5 SP4 is the last version of pcAnywhere (Standalone or Box)
The 12.6 you mention is pcAnywhere Solution (Altiris).

LiveUpdate only knows versions up to SP3 for pcAnywhere 12.5.
To get SP4 for pcAnywhere please contact Customer Care if you have no valid credentials for FileConnect and to download this version.
Please take some time to review the article below to be aware about the changes which will be come with SP4. (This SP4 is more like a new version of pcAnywhere)

About the pcAnywhere 12.5 SP4 and pcAnywhere Solution 12.6.7 releases

SOLUTION
Rollin757's picture

Hi MacBrinky,

How on earth do you download SP4. I've read all of the documents but when I go to file connect and enter my S/N it says "This product is currently unavailable for download. Please Contact Customer Service by clicking on the link provided on the page (61508). "

I chatted with support for over an hour and they can't send me SP4, I've called customer care and they say they can't give it to me. You can't get it through Live Update. Its crazy how difficult it is to download. What is the reason for making so restricted? Anyhow, any direction you could give would be great. I'm on the phone again with customer care as I type. 

Update.

I finally got through to a customer "care" representitive that was very good and new what I was looking for and gave me the right information to download from fileconnect. Only took 2+ hours! I do see that it is the full install that you need to download instead of an update which would explain part of why its under lockdown. 

Thanks

MacBrinky's picture

Hello Rollin,

Not a good start indeed.
I do not know why the file was not available with the credentials you are using at the first place for FileConnect. Contacting Customer Care was the right thing to do because they handling the access to FileConnect.

Thank you for your update