Video Screencast Help

Upgrade server SEP 12.1.1 to 12.12 didn't upgrade client packages

Created: 28 Jan 2013 | 9 comments
NetSupport's picture

I upgraded my server console from 12.1.1 to 12.1.2 which went fine.  I noticed the client packages still say 12.1.1.  Is this correct?

thanks.

Comments 9 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

it should be showing 12.1.2015.2015 as latest package

You can try to add the package manually. In the SEPM folder, under Package, try to add the SAV32.dat and SAV64.dat.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

NetSupport's picture

Thanks.  I searched the server for existing sav32.dat to know where to put the new one but couldn't find its location.

.Brian's picture

it should be on the 12.1.2 DVD ISO you downloaded.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

NetSupport's picture

I found that but I cant find the destination folder on the server.
thanks

.Brian's picture

You import using the SEPM

Admin tab >> Install Packages >> select Add a Client Install Package

SebastianZ's picture

Here is the way how you can add the client installaiton package to SEPM console:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102215

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi,

After the SEPM upgrade new packages (32bit & 64bit) should be automatically added under Admin--> Install Packages.

You can try to run upgrade.bat & recheck.

Also if possible try repair the SEPM

If didn't help then you can try to import the packages manually.

Refer this article, this article is specific to SEP 11 however you can follow the same steps by selecting SEP 12.1 RU2 packages.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/h...

Chetan Savade
Sr Technical Support Engineer, Endpoint Security
Enterprise Technical Support
CCNA | CCNP | MCSE | SCTS |

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helps you.<

accesscontrol's picture

Hi, I had encountered this issued with one of our customers SEPM. We had tried all the steps like Chetan suggestion above but still failed. In the end, we found out that their MS SQL database size has reached its limit. If you are using MS SQL for your sem5 db, this could be one of the cause. Check your sem5 DB size in the MS SQL database folder and the sem5 DB size limit in your SQL management studio. Increase the DB size limit if it almost / already reached its limit. Once done, exit the management studio and try add the the client installation package manually as per Chetan's suggesstion. Hope this helps.

JS@support's picture

Hi,

I upgraded my server console from 12.1.1 to 12.1.2 which went fine.  I noticed the client packages still say 12.1.1.  Is this correct?

--> It's not correct. It must upgrade the client packages as well.

Check the upgrade.log to find why client packages aren't added.