Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrade from Symantec Ghost Colsole 8.0.0 to GSS 2.5.1

Posted Jun 16, 2010 10:45 AM

I have been tasked with upgrading an older installation of Ghost Colsole 8.0.0.984 to GSS 2.5.1, and now the question comes in to mind, how is that done?

What i have done as of now:
    Made a backup containing:
              Private and public keys
              db folder
              all users\Application data\symantec\ghost
              registery backup of the symantec entery in HKLM\software
                            This key does not contain the ngserver key as listed in: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/on-technology.nsf/docid/2001050812540225?Open&seg=ent
              Full GSS server backup for rollback

Obtained the following:
             GSS 2.0.2
             GSS 2.0.2 to 2.5.1 update

Now what is the correct procedure for me to update from Ghost Colsole 8.0.0.984 to GSS 2.5.1, while retaining my current settings, configurations etc.

• 2.  RE: Upgrade from Symantec Ghost Colsole 8.0.0 to GSS 2.5.1

Posted Jul 16, 2010 01:43 AM
      |   view attached
    HI, 

The database of Ghost 8.x version not compatible with GSS 2.5.1. As far as GSS is concerned, Version databases are compatible only with the next immediate  higher version. And My understanding is that between 8.x and 2.x, there was another version 1.x. So, I think we will not able to restore the back that you took from 8.x to 2.x. To see the various ghost versios released till date, Have a look into the image attached.

Ghost Images are Compatible: 
     If you are worried about the images that  you created using Ghost 8.x, You may then relax.
    Ghost images that are created from 8.x version is completely compatible with GSS 2.5.1.

Does this answer your question ?

Regards,
    Dilip Sebastian