Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Upgraded to 12.1 now MAC package exports won't work with DeployStudio

Posted Apr 18, 2013 11:06 AM

We us DeployStudio to image all of our MACs. Right now we are using 2 DeployStudio servers with the latest build at two different sites. One server is 10.6.8 and one ia 10.8.2

1) On the clients I have already had to knock down security due to other packages we are installing down to the install unsigned items so my reading this change was due to the hightened security requirements really got my bugged a bit because the setting made it so this does not affect me at all.

With 11.x all I did was export the zip I exported the pkg from the zip and I put it in the DeployStudio packages folder and did a simple package install task in the workflow and BAM it all worked.

With 12.1 ru 2 I am now perplexed. Within the zip I exported I have the pkg file but I then have another folder that is Additional Resources that has all those major files like the sylink.xml and the setaid.ini.

So with still JUST using DeployStudio and knowing our security requirements on the machines has been dropped anyhow is there ANY way I can get these addition resources into the pkg file and deploy it in a single task in the workflow?

If I can't do that ca anyone outline the EXACT tasks i need to do with DeployStudio?

I am not  MAC guy I m a windows guy tossed into MAC support so please talk to me like a mac/linux baby.

When I looked at the information I am findin so many different conflicting information on how to do this. I want to have this package install as a task sequence with the DeployStudio imiging prompt. I REALLY don't want to install this onto a machine and the "clean it out" and then make the image with it on. I try and keep my images as pure as I can and then add the software as needed.

• 2.  RE: Upgraded to 12.1 now MAC package exports won't work with DeployStudio

Posted Apr 18, 2013 11:28 AM

You can still export it as single.exe from export package. how did you get the .zip file as a package?

• 3.  RE: Upgraded to 12.1 now MAC package exports won't work with DeployStudio

Posted Apr 18, 2013 03:47 PM

SEPM's export Mac packages as a .zip, not a setup.exe

They need to be unzipped on the Mac

Please see:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH201711

This all has to do with Gatekeeper and OSX 10.8

MJD

• 4.  RE: Upgraded to 12.1 now MAC package exports won't work with DeployStudio

Posted May 14, 2013 09:46 AM

You have to deploy the folder "Additional Resources" next to the package. I do not know yet how to do this with DeployStudio. If you have the solution I am interested.

Regards