Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Upgraded SEPM to RU5 - Error 1067

Posted Oct 04, 2009 12:24 PM
    Hi,

I upgraded the SEPM to RU5. The upgrade did not complete. Went through the first part next next etc.. Finished.
    The upgrade screen which comes after that never took place, waited about 20 to 30 minutes.. Rebooted the server thinking
    it would start then but still nothing. Ran the setup.exe again went through the first part again.. again the second part did not
    start.. the upgrade screen portion.

went into the services.msc tried to start the SEPM service with no luck. It gives a
    "could not start the SEPM service on the local machine error 1067 - The process was terminated unexpectedly"

Any feedback or help will be apprectiatted. I have done over a +/- 100 SEPM installation but this has me... The SEPM is managing over 150 remote sites..

Really dont want to do a reinstallation.

• 2.  RE: Upgraded SEPM to RU5 - Error 1067
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 04, 2009 01:29 PM
    try running upgrade.bat from
    Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\bin

• 3.  RE: Upgraded SEPM to RU5 - Error 1067

Posted Oct 04, 2009 08:00 PM
     If you are using Windows 2008 - make sure UAC is switched off, the install does not play nicely with UAC.

As I found out, there is a prompt that occurs during install but is stopped by UAC though nothing visible happens.

I hope that helps a little bit..

Regards,

Chris Bulovic

• 4.  RE: Upgraded SEPM to RU5 - Error 1067

Posted Dec 08, 2009 07:48 AM
    Hi.

I did this upgrade twice and got the problem described above, also I got error 7031 in the event viewer. I’m installing on my securityserver, Windows Server 2003R2 and my previus version of SEPM is 11.0.4014.26 (MR4 MP1a). Tried to run this  upgrade.bat with no response from the batch. I’ll be grateful for tips to solve my task.

Thank you, regards GWD

• 5.  RE: Upgraded SEPM to RU5 - Error 1067

Posted Dec 09, 2009 02:14 AM
    Whether you stopped SEPM service before running upgrade.bat?
    If no try that... 
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    refer this discussion also
    Upgrade wizard does not appear after upgrading SEPM to RU5