Video Screencast Help

Upgrading from 10.0.1-2 to 10.0.2-4 take too long

Created: 07 Jul 2013 | 9 comments

I'm try to upgrade Symantec Brightmail 8340 to version 10.0.2-4. The software already finished download. When I installed, it take very long time to finished. In my case it take one day but still the installation are not finished. I have to reboot it to stop the installation. Anybody have experience upgrading to version 10.0.2-4? How long it take for you to installed it. Can anyone give a advice if there something i need to do first to speed up the installation? 

Operating Systems:
Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 9 CommentsJump to latest comment

toby's picture

Can you maybe share some information around the 8340 hardware?(f.e. when did you buy it, what mem, cpu?

thanks,

------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards!

toby

CISSP / STS / MCP 

Hafiz's picture

We buy it last year. 

CPU : Intel Pentium CPU G850@2.90 GHZ( 2 core)

Memory : 4 GB

Hdd : 465.25 GB

ReynaldoSys's picture

The downtime is minimal, I always download & install on the same day about 3-4 minutes in that same hardware.

ReynaldoSys's picture

Works fine since versions 9.0 ahead until last version I installed. I wish all symantec producs was as easy to upgrade. In version 8.0 sometimes you need a clean reinstall. One time I did the upgrade directly in the server. Nice experience too.

agarcia_9726's picture

Can anyone here confirm if you can upgrade from 10.0.0 to 10.0.2-4? Thanks.

Sudhir K Mourya IBM's picture

can you please let me know you are upgrading the same via SSH or consol. according to me it's better to restart the services or reboot the appliance before procceding for upgrade and use SSH instead of consol for upgrage.

Regds

Sudhir K Mourya IBM's picture

Try to perform upgrade via SSH as suggested above in my comment.enlightened

Thanks