Upgrading from 9.0.4
I'm finally ready to upgrade from Enterprise Vault 9.0.4 to 10. I'm only using Vault for Exchange, and am using Backup Exec 2012 to backup my data. Due to v9 running on 32-bit hardware, I was going to upgrade using the Server Settings Migration Wizard. Clients are running the v9 Outlook add-in with Outlook 2010. A few questions:
- I'm re-thinking going to 10.0.4. Apparently there are known issues where Backup Exec 2012 can't backup 10.0.3 or 10.0.4. Any thoughts on this? Any reason I shouldn't go to 10.0.2, then upgrade to .4 after the issues are resolved?
- Any changes to EVPMS, or does this still work the same from v9 to 10?
- I'm running on an older SQL server, and need to migrate the data to a different environment in the next few months, regardless of the Vault upgrade. Should I do this during the migration, or will this complicate things too much?
- Outlook Add-in: I'm pretty sure this will be OK, but any reason I need to upgrade clients to a new add-in before the upgrade, or am I safe to do this afterwards?
- Any other issues or problems I'm not thinking of?