Video Screencast Help

Upgrading clients to 11.0.1000 using DELTA packages ?

Created: 28 Dec 2007 • Updated: 21 May 2010 | 5 comments
VBAL's picture
Anyone knows how to create delta packages ( Containing differences between latest version and all previous versions ) using SEPM,and later, select the machines/groups should get the updates ?

The SEP 11.0.1000 MR1 Client-only Patch published on Platinum is a .MSP file and it cannot be imported/added like a Client Install package. The other package available is the FULL package with 60 Mb size.

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Josie's picture
i don't know how to create, however you do need to download the full cd's again, in order to upgrade the SEP console, then recreate install client packages to deploy... you need article 2007122711551348.  I hope that helps.
lautamas's picture
Anybody mind to share the update and upload it to a certain server (rapidshare) maybe? I dont have any access to the 'platinum' member lounge.
Russ H's picture
The console doesn't let you create the delta packages directly, all of that is handled behind the sceens. The only thing you have to do is add the 11.0.1000 client install package(s) to the group and the auto-upgrade feature will create the delta package(s) automatically.
0WN3D's picture
Folks, it's ILLEGAL to post any commercial/copyrighted software application on a public site, such as RapidShare.  Please use the dedicated channels (Support, Platinum or FileConnect) to download directly from Symantec.  This also ensures that someone hasn't "tampered" with the product and you have a clean build.

Michael Tsang's picture
You don't need to and can't create delta packages; I have try to upgrade few clients already and is fast than deploy a full package. I have asked Symantec and they told the upgrade should be incremental.