Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrading clients from Endpoint SB 12.0 to Endpoint 11.0?

Posted Oct 05, 2010 04:20 PM

Hi there,

We are a MSP and consolidating all our clients (who all run different AV) under just Endpoint, with just one manager that is on our home network. My question is, many of these clients (including us)  were running unmanaged small business edition 12.0. Is there an easy way to move these clients to managed endpoint 11? I tried pushing out the install to the clients from the SEPM 11 but it says 'deployment status failed'

Do I have to uninstall the small business edition 12 AV from each and every client before deploying EP 11?

• 2.  RE: Upgrading clients from Endpoint SB 12.0 to Endpoint 11.0?

Posted Oct 05, 2010 04:29 PM

From 12 to 11 yes.. you will have to un-install them first them install SEP 11 on them

• 3.  RE: Upgrading clients from Endpoint SB 12.0 to Endpoint 11.0?

Posted Oct 06, 2010 01:13 PM

Ok, is there a quick way to do that? I don't have to do them all manually do I?

As an aside, I tried uninstalling SEPAV 12 from a machine through add/remove programs, restarting and then trying to push out the endpoint 11 client to it but it failed.

• 4.  RE: Upgrading clients from Endpoint SB 12.0 to Endpoint 11.0?

Posted Oct 06, 2010 01:23 PM

Well..There isn't a easy way to do that however you can call support and get a copy of Cleanwipe Utility..

However if SEP 11 is failing there must be a reason..

go to %temp%\SEP_INST.log

Search for return value 3..

The error would be 3 to 5 lines above "Return Value 3"

If you are not able to determine the error post 10 lines above return value 3 and we should be able to tell you the reason/solution