Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrading Endpoint Manager 12.1.1 to 12.1.2

Posted Nov 16, 2012 10:36 AM

I have read the article here http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH197426 and just want to confirm that there are no other "gotchas" to upgrading SEPM from 12.1.1 to 12.1.2.  Basically, disable SEPM service on all servers, upgrade and fire back up, correct?

My other question is, are we required to upgrade the Endpoint clients at this time or can we continue to run on 12.1.1 and they will function properly.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Upgrading Endpoint Manager 12.1.1 to 12.1.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2012 11:17 AM

Hi,

Q.I have read the article here http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH197426 and just want to confirm that there are no other "gotchas" to upgrading SEPM from 12.1.1 to 12.1.2.  Basically, disable SEPM service on all servers, upgrade and fire back up, correct?

--> Prior to upgrade take a backup of existing SEP 12.1.1

Stop the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Service before starting upgrade process.

After successful upgrade you can take a backup again if required.

Q. My other question is, are we required to upgrade the Endpoint clients at this time or can we continue to run on 12.1.1 and they will function properly.

--> You can continue to run on 12.1.1 clients however it's recommended to have SEPM and SEP clients on the same version.

I hope it helps.

• 3.  RE: Upgrading Endpoint Manager 12.1.1 to 12.1.2
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 16, 2012 11:29 AM

Stop the service on all SEPMs and run the install. I would do a backup if yo haven't already but other than that, pretty straightforward.

You do not have to upgrade clients at this time. SEPM can manage older versions of the clients.

• 4.  RE: Upgrading Endpoint Manager 12.1.1 to 12.1.2

Posted Nov 16, 2012 11:41 AM

Thanks Brian.   Appreciate the input.