Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Upgrading the EV 8.0.4 into latest version 9.0.4 R1

Created: 04 Feb 2013 • Updated: 04 Feb 2013 | 8 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi People,

Just before I initiatie my inline upgrade from my existing EV:

• Symantec Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP4
  • Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition 32 bit
  • SQL Server 2005 SP3

am I downloading the correct file from FileConnect to be installed / executed in the server: Symantec_Enterprise_Vault_9_0_4_R1_Win_Multilingual.zip

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

TonySterling's picture

Yes, EV 9 SP4 was released and then subsequently pulled.  EV 9 SP4 R1 is the correct version.

SOLUTION
John Santana's picture

Great, so I can just use this one without having to upgrade into EV 8.0 SP5 then 9.0.4 R1 ?

as for the FSA file server agent, I can do that later on once the upgrade to 9.0.4 finished.

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional

--------------------------------------------------

Please be nice to me as I'm newbie in this forum.

TonySterling's picture

Yes, you do not need to go to EV 8 SP5. As you do upgrades you can refer to this TN:

Supported upgrade paths for Enterprise Vault (EV), Compliance Accelerator (CA), Discovery Accelerator (DA) and Discovery Collector (DC).

Article:TECH53174  |  Created: 2007-01-17  |  Updated: 2013-01-18  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53174

Yes, after you upgrade the server you can then upgrade the FSA Agent. 

John Santana's picture

Thanks Tony , so do I also need to apply this one as well ?

9.0.4_cumulative_hotfix_2.zip

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional

TonySterling's picture

You might want to.  Go through the ReadMe for it and it list the fixes that are contained.  You may see that it is worth while to go ahead and apply the patch if you think you could potentially be affected.

John Santana's picture

ah.. yes, because when I go to my Fileconnect, I don't see it there, but It was found from Googling around just in case there are fix to be implemented, then I'd implemented during the maintenance outage window (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...).

So in this case when there is no issue affecting me since the upgrade time there is no way to test it out all stuff and features, then I can just skip it until the next Service Pack or even upgrade it to v10.0.3

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional

TonySterling's picture

yeah, the hotfix isn't on FileConnect but rather in a TN.  I would agree if you aren't affected to just skip and go to EV 10 sp3 when you are next able.

John Santana's picture

great, many thanks Tony !

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional