Upgrading from Office 2007 w/ EV 9.02 to Office 2013 w/ EV 10.04 - Add in does not load
I am currently working on an install script to upgrade users from Office 2007 to Office 2013. There are a number of add-ins to remove and install as part of this process, one of them being Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in.
Before upgrading, users have EV 9.02 with Outlook 2007 SP2 installed. The script currently removes EV 9.02, along with other add-ins and applications, restarts, then installs Office 2013. After Office 2013 has been installed the new versions of the add-ins are installed (without any more restarts). These are installed as part of a batch script that runs at login (HKLM\..\RunOnce). The user is a local administrator. UAC is not enabled.
Other add-ins that were installed load and function correctly after Outlook has been upgraded.
The EV application itself appears to install. It has an entry in Programs and Features and the add-in is listed in COM Add-ins in Outlook (albeit unticked). MSI logging is also enabled and this reports that the application was successfully installed.
The issue is that the add-in will not load when Outlook 2013 is launched, i.e. there is no ENTERPRISE VAULT in the ribbon or the options menu. Enabling it in Outlook and restarting does not make it load.
This issue only appears to occur on machines running Windows 7 64-bit. Windows 7 32-bit machines are running a virtually identical script but the add-in has been loading on most of the test machines so far.
- Enabled level 3 logging (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client\LoggingLevel) and relaunched Outlook but no file ev_client_log_XXX.txt is created in %temp%.
- Added the installation MSI to HKLM\..\RunOnce to reinstall at next logon, but the same issue occurs. Same issue also occurs if added to HKCU\..\RunOnce. The application installs but the add-in does not load.
- Forced add-in to run by setting LoadBehaviour to 3 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\EnterpriseVault.DesktopUI
The only way that I've been able to get it to load is by:
- Manually repairing or reinstalling the application using the same batch file, or the same MSI, when the user is logged in
- Logging in as a different user and manually enabling the add-in in Outlook, then logging off and back in as the original user
Obviously these solutions are not ideal as we are going to be upgrading nearly 2,000 users in the coming weeks.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.