Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

UPHClean Rtvscan.exe (2164) help needed

Created: 09 Mar 2009 • Updated: 21 May 2010 | 5 comments

Using SEP 11 MR4_MP1

Client installed to a Windows 2003 enterprise edition SP2 terminal server.

The following handles in user profile hive CCS\PatsyR (S-1-5-21-1757981266-2139871995-725345543-1657) have been closed because they were preventing the profile from unloading successfully:

Rtvscan.exe (2164)
  HKCU\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\AV\Custom Tasks (0x748)

Any one have any news regarding this error?

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Wolfi3's picture

Downloaded a new version of UPHclean.exe v2.0 and only receive the following warning message at the moment.

Windows saved user CCS\test123 registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Jason1222's picture

If you have another terminal session or local session open... For example using the same login credentials...  Locked Screen at "Physical" console and you have another session open using an RPD, both using "admin" for example, you may experience this problem.

Ensure that all terminal and local connections are closed, else the system is still usign the ressources and cannot terminate the use in another "shell".

Else, as stated above, if you have services running as a specified user (S-1-5-21...) with admin privileges as indicated here you might have this problem.

Wolfi3's picture

This happens when a user logs of the Terminal server.

So not realy catching what you are trying to say about another session open on the Terminal server.

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Especially if the server has been restarted and everyone logs one to the Terminal server “freshly”.

merenouf's picture

This was a problem in version 10 as well.  Try adding this registry key, it prevented the profile from hanging on logoff for me. win2k3 with Sep 11 MR4 MP2.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\AV\ProductControl]

"DisableRTScheduledScanUpdate"=dword:00000001

mvg's picture

Hi,

I'm newest whit SEP on Citrix servers, and I have a question, If I modify this reg value, the client on this sever cant setup new scheduled scans?  As I understand  whit this "DisableRTScheduledScanUpdate" the ability to create or setup Scheduled Scans gone... right?

Or It´s better exclude UPHClean full path on Centralized exceptions...