Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Urgent - I need to remotely kill SEP 12.1 client on MACs

Created: 15 Jun 2012 • Updated: 18 Jun 2012 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I have an issue brewing with constant OpenDirectory calls to the DomainControllers and the traffic has been isolated a small collection of Macs that just had 12.1 installed.  When we killed the Symantec processes on two test machines, that stopped the traffic.  I don't think it's actually a problem with SEP, rather it's a problem with the OpenDirectory service on our Macs not reading  from cache and querying the LDAP servers constantly.  SEP is causing the symptom of the larger problem.

I need a way to remotely stop ALL Symantec services on the Macs.  I know in windows I can use the SMC command, but I don't know the equivalent in OS X installations.

Does anyone know how to do this on a Mac?

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Swapnil khare's picture

Hi Rokem ,

I am not trained on MAC ,but there an artcle which i found and has got few command line to stop smc

please check on test machine before implementing , might work

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH131585

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.