Critical System Protection

View Only
  • 1.  URGENT Issue when upgraded to 5.2.5

Posted Aug 26, 2010 10:09 AM
    We are in a major bind here.  I do have Symantec looking into this as well, but figure I would ask here.  I upgraded from 5.2 to 5.2.5 on Tuesday morning.  Right after the upgrade, we can no longer log into the console.  When credentials are entered, it just hangs, no error is given.  For some reason the application is not talking to the database.  We have reinstalled the server and console and disabled virus protection as well.  There are no firewalls enabled.  I can connect to the DB via an ODBC connection locally on the server and my laptop.  All configurations look to be okay according to symantec.  No logs are being sent to the SOC for analyzing from the 55+ servers that are being monitored.  We have been down for 2 days.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you.

• 2.  RE: URGENT Issue when upgraded to 5.2.5

Posted Aug 26, 2010 11:16 AM
    I believe that server 5.2.5 is actually 5.2.4.292. Have you verfied the data in your server.xml file? It may have become overwritten and does not have the correct server, DB and password in it.  Check out this KB article. And there are out there about changing the server.xml file.

http://service1.symantec.com/support/intrusiondetectkb.nsf/854fa02b4f5013678825731a007d06af/6cb6e37ef4f848a888257132007f5f44?OpenDocument

• 3.  RE: URGENT Issue when upgraded to 5.2.5

Posted Aug 26, 2010 11:23 AM
    Thank you.  But this article pertains to How to configure multiple Symantec Critical System Protection Managers to send their events to one Microsoft SQL Database.  WE have one server that contains the DB and Server/Console.

• 4.  RE: URGENT Issue when upgraded to 5.2.5

Posted Aug 26, 2010 11:47 AM
    Right. But the intent was to show you what files are needed. Its the same wether you have 1 or 10 front ends. Have you verified the data in your server.xml file? Is it correct?

1. Stop all CSP Services.
    2. Open the file c:\Program Files\Symantec\Critical System Protection\Server\tomcat\conf\server.xml in Notepad.
    3. On the Edit menu, click Find and search for url -- you will find 2 occurrences and both need to be checked.

• Verify the url, DB, DB instance password and username.
    4. Re-start all Symantec Critical System Protection services on the Management Server.

• 5.  RE: URGENT Issue when upgraded to 5.2.5

Posted Sep 02, 2010 03:06 PM

Muydess,

I believe support has resolved this for you correct?