Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Using Ghost to image Win2008 Server - DS 6.9

Posted Aug 27, 2010 03:58 AM
    Hi guys,

I am trying to capture and deploy a Windows 2008 Server 64-bit image.

Image Capture

Initially i had the problem where the agent restarts the machines when the capture job is selected, this was caused by the "WinPE (Auto Select) option, this was changes to "WinPE 32-bit" and i was able get past the restart.
    Then i got an error -99 when capture started, by reading up on a few posts in this forum i found this was caused by the hidden partition created with the server install.
    I used WinPE to delete this partition and thereafter i was able to capture the image successfully.

Image Deployment

Now i can deploy my captured image, once completed the OS returns with failed to find Boot device....???
    I was thinking that it might be caused when deleting the hidden partition... so i reinstalled the OS with everything (including the hidden partition's data) on the C drive.
    Once again im back to the agent restarting the machine with error -99 when the capture image job is selected.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanking you in advance.

E

• 2.  RE: Using Ghost to image Win2008 Server - DS 6.9

Posted Aug 30, 2010 04:14 AM
    Took me by surprise to.  Found some documents here with the solution (so do not give me any votes or so...)

Remove ALL partitions
    Create one partion yourself and make it bootable etc
    Install W2k8 from scratch into that partition. 
    There should now be NO hidden partitions, only that partition you have created yourself
    Do you thing and create the image.
    That should do fine

• 3.  RE: Using Ghost to image Win2008 Server - DS 6.9

Posted Aug 30, 2010 04:28 AM
    I will certainly try this and if it works, you can expect a mark as solution :)

Thanks for the feedback...

E