Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Using Norton Ghost 2003 to backup a network hard drive to a USB hard drive

• 1.  Using Norton Ghost 2003 to backup a network hard drive to a USB hard drive

Posted Aug 27, 2009 07:53 PM
    I have connected 2 drives to my network - 1TB iomega network drive, and a 1TB iomega desktop drive (USB connection directly to the network drive). Both appear as separate drive letters on explorer with the same IP address (because one is connected to the other for access). I am unable to get Ghost to recognize them in order to configure the backup. When configuring Ghost, it only sees the C' drive inside my laptop. What are the steps to configure? Thanks.I am not technical. Most of the messages lack the step by step help I need.

• 2.  RE: Using Norton Ghost 2003 to backup a network hard drive to a USB hard drive

Posted Aug 28, 2009 06:36 AM
    Can I confirm that your system configuration consists of a laptop with a local C: drive, connected to a network where there is a 1Tb network drive which has a USB port to which another 1Tb USB device is connected?
    Can I also confirm that your intention is to create an exact copy of the network 1Tb device to the USB 1Tb device ??

Are the drives visible in explorer with actual drive letters mapped ?  Unless drive letters are allocated to these drives, I don't believe Ghost will be able to pick them up.